Our vision for safe road use in a safe and healthy future, where no one is killed or seriously injured on roads:
- We can move between places by combining accessible public transport, cycling and walking on safe, segregated routes.
- Some, many, or all of our vehicles are driverless, and drivers’ safety is managed through vehicle technology.
- Drivers are selected, trained, tested and re-tested to rigorous standards.
- Many people choose not to qualify as a driver and instead use public transport, active travel, or use vehicles they hail.
- Everyone is taught, from the age of three upwards, the importance of road safety.
Brake advocates for a Vision Zero approach to road safety management. This approach is based on the belief that no death or serious injury is acceptable on roads and follows the principles of the Safe System, where the five pillars of the road environment work together to minimise risk.
Brake also believes that an effective road safety system is reliant upon robust enforcement and criminal justice and that the fleet sector has a significant role to play in helping improve the safety of our roads.